There are many good reasons for exercising when expecting or . Being pregnant comes with many ailments and difficulties like back pain, trouble sleeping and morning sickness. Staying fit is one of the best things you can do for yourself and your baby as it will not only enhance
your mood and help you get better sleep but it will prepare your body for childbirth.
The ideal exercise for pregnancy is low-impact and safe, avoiding sports where there’s a risk of hitting your tummy or slipping and falling.
Get your heart pumping without causing physical stress by doing these exercises below:
1. Walking is safe throughout pregnancy and keeps you fit without putting too much stress on your joints.
2. Swimming can ease back pain and also help you relax.
3. Yoga helps with muscle tone and flexibility and gives you the opportunity to practice your breathing.
4. Pilates targets the muscles that weaken during pregnancy like stomach and pelvic muscles.
5. Indoor cycling is a great way to increase your heart rate without putting too much stress on your joints.
6. Weight Training can help you stay toned as long as you keep it light. Avoid exercises where you have to lie on your back.
7. Running on flat tracks or a treadmill can be safe if you were a runner before pregnancy. If not, it’s advisable to choose a different workout.
8. Spinning can be a good way to get your heart rate up but be careful not to overdo it!
9. Water Aerobics is one of the safest as it is low-impact and you won’t fall over and get hurt.
10. Squats and lunges can be done at all stages of pregnancy and is a great way to strengthen your pelvic floor and deep core muscles.
Safe exercising for pregnant moomie moms can be enormously beneficial and help you have a healthier pregnancy, quicker delivery and easier recovery after having the baby.
If you are looking to get pregnant check this trying to conceive forums